Welcome to the Website of the Online Class of the Fracture Mechanics course
The aim of this website is to give you an easy access to the whole content of the Fracture Mechanics class. It should not be seen as a replacement to the oral class but more as a support as well as the powerpoint presentations are.
This Online class will cover the following important subjects of fracture Mechanics
- Linear and Elastic Fracture Mechanics (LEFM)
- Non linear Fracture Mechanics (NLFM)
- Estimation of the life span of a mechanical parts (fatigue)
- Possible designs
- Modern Numerical Methods
The main references for this class are:
- Lecture Notes on Fracture Mechanics, Alan T. Zehnder, Cornell University, Lecture Notes in Applied and Computational Mechanics, Volume 62, 2012, ISBN: 978-94-007-2594-2 (Print) 978-94-007-2595-9 (Online);
- Fracture Mechanics: Fundamentals and applications, D. T. Anderson. CRC press, 1995, ISBN: 0-8493-4260-0;
- Fatigue of Materials, S. Suresh, Cambridge University Press, 2001, ISBN: 0-521-57847-7.
Details about the organisation of the class can be found here.